Aurora – East Aurora High School
- Tanya Jonsson, Brian Nunez, Felipe Rodriguez, Daianna Soto and Veronica Soto, “Chicago Human Rights Ordinance,” Senior Group Performance.
Carbondale Middle School
- Josie Brown, Reem Khader, Sequoia Lopez, Prianka Patel and Rabab Isa, “Housed as Guests or Taken as Prisoners: WWII POW,” Junior Group Performance.
- Esther Hughes, Rebecca Connet and Jennifer Harper, “Tie us Down or Leave us in Pain,” Junior Group Performance.
Chicago Academy High School
- Natiera Robinson, “Addie Wyatt: Fighter on Three Fronts,” Senior Individual Documentary.
Chicago – Bronzeville Scholastic Institute
- Chakena Sims, “Chicago’s Council Wars: The Feds Strike Back.” Senior Individual Website. Placed 13th in the nation for the category.
Chicago – Edison Regional Gifted Center
- Mary Giambrone, “A Mighty Hard Struggle,” Junior Individual Exhibit. Represented Illinois at the National Museum of American History.
Chicago – Lincoln Park High School
- Lea Kichler, “Picasso in the Daley Plaza,” Senior Individual Documentary. Placed 8th in the nation for the category.
- Jasper Acosta, Arthur Moskala, Mahir Krijestorac, Armin Hajdarovic and Firas Hentati, “Eugenics,” Senior Group Documentary.
- Stella Menash and Daniella Flax, “McCollum v. Board of Education,” Senior Group Documentary.
Chicago – Payton College Prep High School
- Jonathan Kamel, “Defending the Limits of the First Amendment.” Senior Paper.
- Mackenzie Trumbull, “Richard Nickel: The Debate that Brought Down Buildings,” Senior Individual Exhibit.
Chicago – Roosevelt High School
- Mariah Schuldt, “Holocaust Hero.” Senior Individual Website. Recognized as "Outstanding Project from Illinois in the Senior Division."
Chicago – St. Luke Academy
- Steven Beck and Nicholas Radtke, “Native American Treaties in Illinois.” Junior Group Exhibit. Recognized as "Outstanding Project from Illinois in the Junior Division."
Des Plaines – Maine West High School
- Abigail Mann and Jamie McDuffie, “McCollum v. Board of Education,” Senior Group Exhibit.
Elgin – St. Thomas More School
- Tom Havermann, “Cuban Missile Crisis – Adlai Stevenson,” Junior Individual Exhibit.
Elk Grove Village – Mead Junior High School
- Arun Arjunakani and Benjamin Cooper, “The O’Hare Modernization program.” Junior Group Website. Placed 9th in the nation for the category.
- Arman Goyal, “Diplomacy at Fort Dearborn,” Junior Individual Performance. Placed 13th in the nation for the category.
- Kevin Hong, Glen Huang and William Chen, “Illinois Secession,” Junior Group Documentary.
Grayslake – Grayslake North High School
- Matt Teubert, “Behind the Bomb: Secrets of Manhattan,” Senior Individual Exhibit.
- Rucha Mehendale, “Chicago Gun Ban,” Senior Individual Performance.
- Lina Kapp, “IQ: A Test Taken too Far,” Junior Individual Performance.
- Daniel Josefchak, Ryan Malone and Karsten Pavlick, “Jewish Response to the Nazi Threat in Skokie,” Junior Group Documentary.
Lincolnshire – Stevenson High School
- Akanksha Shah, “Chicago 8 Trial.” Senior Paper.
Palatine – Quest Academy
- Advith Chehkani, “The Atom Bomb Controversy.” Junior Individual Website.
- Owen Chang and Max Kontorovich, “Anti-Communism in Illinois.” Junior Group Website.
- Jenna Chin, “The Escobedo v. Illinois Supreme Court Case.” Junior Paper. Placed 11th in the nation for the category.
- Frani O’Toole, “President Reagan and the End of the Cold War.” Junior Paper.
- Marissa Howe, “The Attempted Nazi March in Skokie: Freedom for the Speech We Hate,” Junior Individual Documentary. Placed 10th in the nation for the category.
- Birkan Cetinkaya, “Fermi Lab – Accelerate for Particles, Equal Opportunity, Human Rights,” Junior Individual Documentary.
Skokie – Niles North High School
- Mahak Lakhani, Camila Marquez and Brett Nagel, “Equal Rights, Unequal Schools.” Senior Group Website.
- Warren D’Souza, James Gilbert and Yoni Seger, “Turmoil on the City Streets: The Democratic Convention of 1968.” Senior Group Website. Placed 8th in the nation for the category and awarded the Constitutional Rights History prize.
- Saud Ahmed, Yiorgas Giannetos and Alex Stavrapolous, “Black Presence at the World’s Fair,” Senior Group Exhibit.
Skokie – East Prairie School
- Gabe Elizer, Rachel Lisitza, Thanis Garbis, “March for Diplomacy.” Junior Group Exhibit.
Zion-Benton – New Tech High of Zion-Benton
- Traden France, Alexander Sperry, Yanely Ortiz, Zak Oglesby, and Chris Garner. “Chicago Desegregation.” Senior Group Performance. Placed 14th in the nation for the category.